T.C. Renfroe


What Was I Thinking?
 
I watched the rain streaming out the window
And I tried to remember what it felt like,
Rolling on my face.
I think I knew at some point,
And wrote it down,
Like that quarter you plan to keep forever.
Lately I?ve been trying to remember life:
How the Blue Moon trumpet spun inside my head;
How the snow smelled as the train cut through;
The way my soul took a snapshot
Of the sweat forming and flowing
 From perfect, flawed, suntanned skin
Arched and lips parted, utterly lost
In a little silver trailer on the Arizona desert,
Where the only way to resist the heat
Was to give in completely.
I watched hair matted in front of her closed eyes,
And I thought I would always remember
Salt water rolling down
Like rain outside the window.
 
#

 
Provocateur, barnstormer, daredevil, mystic, dastardly villain, 
sommelier, absintheur, lover, Taylor Renfroe wraps hope and heartache 
in a voice of noir. He currently lives in the Midwest and heads a 
circus sideshow when not writing. View more work at www.port-evenus.com
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!