Brycical

Together, on a Bus
in West Virginia During a Frigid Winter


Last night’s passion is her hangover; she rests her head on my shoulder
and my beard brushes her dimples.
My arm wraps around her body
and she’s briefly awakened from her bliss by a kiss to her forehead.

And my beard brushes her dimples.
Outside, the wind’s frigid whispers numb the lonely uncovered ears.
And she’s briefly awakened from her bliss by a kiss to her forehead.
I imagine everyone outside is jealous of me, of us, our warmth.

Outside, the wind’s frigid whispers numb the lonely uncovered ears,
the blonde streaks in her hair remind me of a river reflecting the rising glow of the sun
I imagine everyone outside is jealous of me, of us, our warmth.
She looks up, grinning.  I’m glad you spent the night.

The blonde streaks in her hair remind me of a river reflecting the rising glow of the sun
and I can’t help but surrender to those eyes of stained glass brown.
She looks up, grinning.  I’m glad you spent the night.
My head rests gently on hers.

And I can’t help but surrender to those eyes of stained glass brown.
Last night’s passion is her hangover; she rests her head on my shoulder.
My head gently rests on hers
and my arm wraps around her body.




Brycical: I write and travel. Some people seem to enjoy my no-nonsense honesty. When I speak, I literally say whatever’s going through my mind. Poetry happens when I organize my thoughts. Some of my poetry can be found in Coe Review, Clockwise Cat and Mad Swirl.



No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!