Glen Armstrong

Car Made Out of Words


It’s not a car yet. It’s a few lines and circles gunning for a destination. The thing palpitates. It hurls gas. It’s faster for what’s not there.

We tore through town, and I talked nonstop. “I think you’ve become a man with a car made out of words,” she said, unbuttoning the top button on her sweater made out of cashmere. It gave me chills. I wanted redemption. I wanted speed. I wanted my day in court. The more I explained that I wasn’t a man with a car made out of words, the more I became just that.




Glen Armstrong edits a poetry journal called Cruel Garters and has three recent chapbooks: Set List (Bitchin Kitsch,) In Stone and The Most Awkward Silence of All (both Cruel Garters Press.)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!