Rhiannon Thorne

April in Madrid
 

I woke this morning to summer raging,
laughing at my spring attire;
I was burnt out and wilting.

Madrid, my cruel liaison, is flooding herself in heat.
Her buildings stifle the wind.
Her new garb: inferno.

She has forgotten her cold winter
and her lovers' long coats over the evening,
dismissing spring completely from her streets.

I shed my clothes and huddle over my water,
for who am I to complain?
I, too, have passed on parts of myself

to be with her.

 



Rhiannon Thorne graduated from Sonoma State Universitywith an English BA and a Spanish BA that snuck its way in there. Her work has appeared most recently/is forthcoming in Vox Poetica, Your Daily Poem, and Third Wednesday. She also co-edits the online publication cahoodaloodaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!