Carol Durant

I am Sandra

 

No longer drawing breath

She was left

On a concrete floor

Turning blue and cool to touch

 She dared to reproach

The man in blue

Steel insides and at his side

Who ushered me roughly

Into a hellish ride

Without communication

Or heeding my pleas

PLEASE

Held me down and slowly

Watched my light fade

With the clout of the thin blue Line

Left my lifeless body supine

My family wrecked to the core

Society’s child abhors

No one thought

About my demise

That next sunrise





Focused Fury

 

You held my love,

Fondled my heart

Cradled my parts

You extolled that you cared for me

This text was not meant for me

Indicates those days that you played me

My soul is now in a focused fury

That I could do life without parole

Due to your blood on my hands

The rampage would be loud

The damage would compound

I would be separated from those who are true

Not one member of my family or friends

to my bitter end,

ever needs to trek to see me

or refill my commissary

So I wipe these tears away briskly

Knowing that you prefer,

high mileage

W-A-P

 

Instead of the upscaled tailored

Beautiful me

Is an early blessing

before

this Thanksgiving

 





Equation

 

Today my calculator

Added dialogue

Subtracted the menopause

Multiplied my steps

Divided my faults

Totaled my problems

Equals my life

 

 

 

 

Paunch

 

I expanded my girth

With Thin Mints®

Chased with almond milk

Assisting an iconic organization

Increasing their coffers

Without a beret or sash

There is no badge

Ironic and fulfilling




For more by Carol Durant, visit https://www.planetcaroldurant.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!