Arden Donohue

Movies with Mom
 

The big screen is bright enough,
That I can look and see mom,
Watching from in the third row.
 
I walk over and sit down.
The scene is in daytime;
The screen is my moonlight,
Guiding me through the dark quickly,
Just as the headlights make a trail,
Revealing our road back home.
 
We talk about what we liked,
And discuss what we didn’t.
The excitement and surprises,
The confusion we had in the middle,
and excitement by the movie's ending.
But I had just seen the movie with her.
 
I wanted to hear her movie,
And share what I didn’t see.
Or that is how I remember it all,
Because I now appreciate her takes,
More than I could appreciate then,
Before a time like I live in now.
 
When I can be grateful for the movies,
I get to share with her in the present,
I don’t remember the negatives.
She could find the good in the bad movies,
When I only found the bad in the good.
Maybe now is the age my mother was,
when she learned to find the good in life.

2 comments:


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!