Christopher R. Muscato

The Convert



I passed her once, on my way,

so much a part of the landscape it was

hard to distinguish her from the

sagebrush and prairie grass

 

With each footstep she traced the terrain,

passing cattle guards and wind farms,

the whoosh of cars rushing by

 

Her pack was weathered, faded by sun, patterned with

striations from wind and rain,

her face even more so

 

Every now and then

a car will stop to ask if she’d like a ride,

to get where she’s going faster

 

She asks if they’d like to walk,

to get there slower

 

I passed her once, and asked her,

and she asked me,

and I did, and I still do 



No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!