Editor's Note

Fifteen years. It went by fast, but it also feels like Hobo Camp Review has been a part of my life for much longer. It all started in a small room in San Antonio, Texas when I decided on creating a quiet little place of the internet all my own where I could share the work of writers I respected. I always enjoyed listening more than telling a story, so to have this virtual campfire has been a joy, and I'm glad it's still a mostly quiet little corner of the internet. Nothing huge, nothing flashy, just the work in a space where anyone can sit and rest. Even in its most frustrating moments (technical glitches, angry responses to rejections, etc.) this always felt worth it. Sharing your work has been an honor, and I'm glad you're still here with me on this journey.

About the HCR 15th Anniversary Prize: I collected all the entries, removed biographical info, and allowed our associate editor, the immensely talented Rachel Nix, to read through and select three of her favorite poems. The winners are Gloria Bromberg, William Taylor Jr., and Mike Madill. All three are noted in the TOC and I will contact them individually about payment, but congrats to all three and thank you to all who sent work. It's one of the best batches of poetry I've seen in one place and HCR would be nothing without you. 

Here's to another 15, and I hope I'll see you down the road...


James H Duncan

Editor 

No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!