Judy DeCroce


Sara


I call my casket Sara.
Sara was my first friend, says Momma, and was to be my last.
No one believed such a skinny little thing would live many hours let alone years.
Poppa built it for me. Its smooth wood is blonde like my hair with curly whorls.
Inside matches my best Sunday dress.
To the touch, she feels cool but soon warms with gentle rubbing.
In her shine, I can see myself…
                                                  here and here and here.
Sara waits now in my child’s room, patient and
                                                             knowing she will soon have a new  playmate
                                                                      to sleep with
                                                                                         deeply.




Bio: Judy DeCroce is a poet / flash fiction writer and animal lover. She has been published in Pilcrow & Dagger, Amethyst Review, The Sunlight Press, Cherry House Press- Dreamscape:An Anthology, and many others. She is a professional storyteller and teacher of that genre. Judy lives and works in upstate New York with her husband writer/artist Antoni Ooto.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The views and opinions expressed throughout belong to the individual artists and may or may not coincide with those of the other artists (or editors) represented within the magazine. Hobo Camp Review supports a free-for-all atmosphere of artistic expression, so enjoy the poetry, fiction, opinions, and artwork within, read with an open mind, and comment wisely. Thanks for stopping by the Camp!